Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If I had time...

There are deals to be had in Madison, but my life is not my own right now...we're thrilled to all sit down to dinner lately!

IF we had time, some of the best deals are going to the Farmers Market on Wed. and Sat....Saturday's market around the Capitol dome (free tours of the Capitol too) is exhilarating!  SO much produce - amazing colors, smells and great people watching!  Biking or walking around the lakes is another great freebie.

However, I think the best "deal" is touring our Veteran's Museum, which is also on the Square, right next to the Capitol.  Peter wants to go into the military, loves target practice, and ultimately wants to be a mechanical engineer that designs guns (!) so he loves walking around the museum , learning about all of the wars and weapons.  It is a very well done museum...small, but full of our history.   I feel like I'm in a history book when we visit!  Peter and I go every summer.

When campaign season/swim team season/fall baseball season (none of which ever really end!) wrap up in November, we'll have a bit more free time for freebies!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment