Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Memories

The funny thing about food is that it instantly creates a memory.  You remember where you ate it and what you were doing and especially who you were with.  I, like you, remember food and good memories with family.  I think of Grandma Bea's divinity, Grandma Veronica's desserts, especially coffee cake, Grandpa Claude's chicken, Mom's poast roast and liver, and Dad's chocolate chip cookies.  It's not just about the food, its about the laughter and fun you had while eating the food.

I admit, I do not cook very much, nor do I really enjoy it.  Don't get me wrong, I do boil water for pasta and make a mean spaghetti, but I do not consider that "cooking". I think I would cook and bake more if I didn't have such "picky" eaters.  Being on a low carb diet I am also faced with challenges, but there are still great recipes to find and make.  We tend to eat alot of chicken, pork and beef, and usually on the grill.  We love kabobs of all kinds.  I find a lot of great recipes on http://www.epicurious.com/. There is one called, Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Kabobs, very yummy, here is a picture of it. Heidi you keep cooking and baking, maybe someday I will put down the paint brush and become a great cook like you!
-Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment