Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yes, but you are a painter....

Don't be so hard on yourself for the lack of reading....when given the opportunity of a bit of time, I choose to read or garden....you choose to paint!  Very few rooms in my home have been painted more than once...a bathroom, the dining room and Emma's room, but that is it.  YOUR home on the other hand, has seen more colors than the rainbow!  You practically paint each room on a yearly basis.  You're just like Grandma Bea - painting is your therapy!

 Speaking of painting, while I was at HD yesterday, I did pick up a bunch of Maatha paint samples....t.v./George's room hasn't been painted since we moved in 12 years ago...love the "tavern taupe" color, but a 100+ lb. lab takes a toll...so, I am looking to brighten it up!  Picked up some cool blueish colors that will look good with the slate in the hall...it will, however, take me two weeks to decide on a color and then another two weeks for Chris to prep and paint the room...hopefully we'll have it done by Thanksgiving!  Been looking for a new sofa/bed (it's where George sleeps!) and think I found a cute/durable (key word) one (minus the pillows) at the new Ashley store.  I refuse to spend more than $500 on an overgrown dog bed/sofa for teenage boys to sit on while playing X-Box! 

I use the term "painting" loosely as I've never painted a thing, let alone a room, in my life!  So, don't sweat the reading...just wish you lived closer then you could paint and I would read you a book!  Heidi
Sofa

No comments:

Post a Comment