Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To read or not to read

I know we have chatted about books and reading on another blog, but since you posted a new book, I thought we could revisit the subject. I am not currently in a book group.  I was in one for about a year or a little longer. A couple of us would organize, read the book and plan the place to meet.  We had fun, but most of our members would not read the book.  We never talked about the book, so really it was Girls Night Out.  I love a night out, but if it is a book club, we should really be talking about the book.  Am I right??

I am trying to start something for fall, maybe a Book Club or maybe just Girls Night Out.  I know it is hard to read with our busy lives.  I have not read a whole book in about 4 months, but I do believe reading is something we should do.  We would often find either a great wine bar, or restaurant with great app's to have our "meetings". We have so many cool places to go to in the Twin Cities. Best place we found for a book club night in Saint Paul, is Cafe Latte. Great soups, salads, wine, pizza or just cheesecake and coffee.  Large tables to spread out as well.

Cafe Latte's Tres Leches cake

No comments:

Post a Comment