Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

my neighbor's leaves...

Our neighbors behind us are now empty nesters (for a few years now) and it shows.  When they had three teenagers in the house 3-8 years ago, we NEVER saw them...they were as busy as we are now and they hardly mowed their backyard, yet alone raked it. 

I believe the "issue" is our huge maple tree in the back of our lot...very last tree to drop it's yellow leaves every fall...it still isn't done.  Today, I witnessed "Jim" (it's actually his real name) raking leaves as hard as he could over our fence hoping to get most of them into our backyard.  Must add this tidbit, if "Jim" is in his yard, doing any sort of work, he must be in his "doing my yard work outfit"...consisting of jeans, thermal undershirt, flannel plaid shirt with sleeves rolled up...he never messes up with a t-shirt or sweats.  When we do yard work, we don't shower and dress for the occasion, but that's just us.  Why his outfits bug me, I do not know....I just think it's weird to have an outfit for cleaning up the yard.

Anyway, Jim and "Kris" (might be her real name too;) are obessesed with their back yard...picking up any stray little leaf, staring at their new bushes, standing in the middle of their back yard comtemplating...what I do not know.  Probably how much their loser neighbors drive them crazy because we haven't cleaned up our leaves yet.

What I do know is that my front yard is immaculate...worked on it for hours yesterday and the neighbor next door better get his leaves picked up soon...

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment