Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

there's a season for everything!

As much as I can't imagine our house without Emma in it every single day (or Peter, but I get three more years with him!), it's just life.  Earlier this year I had much more anxiety about the college process starting, but now that we're in the search, in the thick of ACT and SAT, NHS, etc, it's okay.  It's our JOB as parents to make them independent.  I think Chris and I succeeded at that - she is independent and she's happy! 

Next year will be a year of "lasts"...last first day of school (at home)...last dance...last swim meet, etc., but I intend to savor every single minute of it!  And, I am so excited to see where she will land!  I'm not worried about her.  I admire her and I'll always be there for her.  You'll see, by next year, you'll be more excited than anxious about the process with Evan.  By the time Peter goes and, alas, Lily, it will be easier.  The older ones pave the way. 

I'm talking brave now...ha!  You and Mom may need to shovel me off the floor when she actually leaves...

I'm proud of all of our kids.  Evan has found his calling with the ROTC...very decorated, very proud.  Peter keeps surprising us all the time...from joining swim team to still being the sweet cuddly family boy that he is...hugs/loves us in public any time!  Lily is having a great year....has come a long way, baby!!!  Sissy, we are blessed.

Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Heidi,
    It won't be Emma moving off in a fabulous new direction that you will be sad about. The sadness comes from the fact that the daily parenting is over. She will still rely on you for so much, but it just isn't the same. The pride in seeing her thrive will replace some of the sadness.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete