Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

which way...

...do I want it to go here in WI?  Honestly, that is a hard question.  Chris is not in a union. There's only one way this will end...and that is the Governor will have passed his budget exactly as he wrote it...he has the majority and that's that.  There are no Republicans in the Senate offering any amendments.  It's a party line vote and Republicans rule in WI now.

We have a budget disaster on our hands and times are tough.  We can't keep spending or we'll go bankrupt.  What I do KNOW is that I've never seen our state more divided.  It's HOW it's being done that I disagree with...it did not need to be this way.  Neighbors are literally not speaking to one another over this.  There are people I avoid talking to...it's PERSONAL to everyone because everyone has a side and an agenda.  I've never heard more "me me me" talk in my life...everyone has a story about getting the raw end of the deal.

When times are tough, you see a person's true character.  We've learned a lot about our elected leaders these past few weeks.  I keep thinking that Grandpa Milo would be so disappointed in the behavior of our leaders. 

Life goes on....they'll pass the budget and it will soon be law and everyone will adjust again.  Unfortunately, the climate might be changed/damaged for a long time.

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment