Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

love libraries and museums too!

Yes, I love libraries, although I tend to splurge on buying my books...I love to keep them.  Some I read again.  I read my all time favorite, Crossing to Safety every year.  There's just something about that book.  Peter and I like to go to the library in the summer...he walks out with a huge stack of military and gun books (I'm sure we've been put on some sort of a watch list in Madison;) and I love to find books I otherwise might not purchase...books on health, etc.  It's also fun and free to check out dvds!

Museums...YES!  We don't have a lot of them in Madison.  We have a great Veterans Museum that we enjoy and we have a very nice art museum on campus.  We're gearing up for our road trip east to look at colleges and definitely hit some of our favorite museums of all time in D.C....I love the National Gallery of Art...my favorite painting is there...a Mary Cassatt...see below! We also love all of the Smithsonians and the Spy Museum.  You guys need to road trip out there to see all of the free museums!  That's the beauty of our nation's Capital, most museums are FREE.  Heidi



Children Playing on the Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment