Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surprise Tuesday

ahhhhhhh, "the good ones"....I loved it when Grandpa Milo called us that and SQUEEZED us so tight!  All of our grandparents made us feel so special.

Peter tackled the land mines in the backyard...got most of them.  I agree on the rabbits...I have found several mounds in my garden....good lord, they look like food pellets!  Ikea's candles...never tried them...probably because we don't have an Ikea here, although my b-day is coming up ;).

Surprise Tuesday is here again...every Tuesday, Chris and I do something nice for eachother...been doing this for years.  It used to be Surprise Wednesday, but for some reason Chris switched it to Surprise Tuesday this year.  We set a limit of no more than $5 each, but it's often more than that or way less.  For example, today Chris just got breath mints and gum...not too exciting!  But sometimes, I make him a cake or buy one...or give him a favorite magazine....or we meet for lunch...or he comes home for lunch.  He's got some stand bys for me...People magazines, which are a guilty pleasure or candles, which are an obsession. 

One of the most thoughtful surprises was a couple of Tuesdays ago when he gave me a $10 gift card to Sundance Theatre...I LOVE going to movies there alone in the middle of the week...it's quiet and it's so naughty because it's truly an escape!  I order the hummus plate or a gourmet pizza, or a muffin and latte and settle into my pre-selected seat for a wonderful, usually artsy fartsy movie...a perfect indulgence!  I thought it was sweet of him because he doesn't like that theatre or those types of movies but he knows I do.  It was also nice to know that he thinks I deserve a break in the middle of the day in the middle of the week sometimes.  He is such a great husband and dad...works so hard.  It's just a way to take time to think of eachother in the midst of carpools, swim meets, practices, baseball games, fundraisers, walking the dog, groceries, etc....

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment