Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

17 10

My children's birthdays are fast approaching- Evan 17 and as Lily says "double digits" (10). 10 years ago that little bean was born, I can't believe it has been 10 years. I must admit it hasn't been the easiest 10 years of my life, but most days very rewarding. And Evan, is a man.....hard to believe.

Do you ever look at couples who don't have kids, and never will....and say why- why not kids? There are definite negatives that single people would say and I would agree with. Such as your house never stays clean. For the next 15 years you will have to make lunch not just for you but also for someone else...EVERYDAY!  You never again will think of poop in the same way, or barf for that matter.....the list could go on for awhile....

But I could never imagine my life without kids. They add 1000 more smiles on your face then you ever would have had. They make you feel proud and almost giddy on so many occassions. Life would not be the same....

So in a couple weeks I look back on my kids, and their birthdays and think of all of the great times....and look forward to many more birthdays and more great times. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. I feel blessed to be a Mom.

love K:)

No comments:

Post a Comment