Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bits of this and that...

Indigo Bunting


WOW, opened up the blog and what do I see...numerous blogs from you...rock on Sissy!

Would I like to be the sister of the future Queen of England?  YES.  I think this may be a new generation, hopefully modernizing the monarchy a bit without losing the tradition (you know I am BIG on tradition) and I think being so close to histrory in the making would be amazing.  Pippa will be Kate's most trusted confidant...hopefully they can keep their wits about them and not screw up like the past!

Hostas...I agree...love love love them!  I will take some pictures of my hosta collection (all from my father in law's vast collection).  I am sitting in my porch right now and they are just beautiful to look at around our micro pond and scattered about - I love the fact that they are all so different.  My favorite are the blue ones, but probably my all time favorite is "spilt milk"...I will post a pic of that one. 

Charlie and I definitely spend the most time in the porch...watching birds and chipmunks!  The key to bird watching/attracting is having fresh water available by their feeder full of seed.  Right now, it's a flurry of activity with lots of yellow and red finches.  Saw my first Indigo Bunting a couple of weeks ago...amazing bird - see above.  I also keep a hummingbird feeder and have seen green hummingbirds over the last couple of weeks.  I could watch all day!  I think my creative outlet is the garden and flowers...maybe cooking too.

You, however, are an artist (baby you were born this way!) and really should be in a creative job...not talking about back taxes!  I remember straightening felt in the shop!  I think you need to start a job on the side...create something you can sell...your pillows, the awesome frames you made for Christmas.  Remember when you did original party invites and birth announcements???  They were adorable!!!!  Go for it Sissy!

It's going to be hot hot hot this week!  Can you believe I've been happy that it's hot?!  It just feels good (although my a/c is in full blast mode!).  The kids have been loving the pool - especially after hot baseball games.

Have a good week - glad Evan and Lily will finally be done with school!!!  Summertime!  Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment