Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

I like her style!

That was the best "intent" letter I have ever seen....and to top it off it worked-way to go Emma! Just like we have said before, our kids don't ask for too much. They have a good life, and have what they need to be "comfortable". But when they really want to do something, and put that much effort into making their point, it is easy to say yes.

Steve and I are argue about this sometimes. He was raised differently. If they wanted something, they had to earn it. That is why he started working when he was 14. The focus became about the money, and what he could get and just how to survive. I think kids should work, but just enough to have a little money in their bank account. We want them to focus on school, not making money..yet.

He thinks our kids have too much. I say no, not as much as others. Not that I want them to have as much as the other kids at school, just that his statement is incorrect. My goal for my kids is to have them go off as adults and be able to say they had a good life at home. They had what they needed and felt loved. They got to explore art, music, history and good food from their home town. If they do that, I will be happy, and feel I was successful at our job as parents!
love, k :)

No comments:

Post a Comment