Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

fleeting hours and days...

Right now, just before 9 am, Emma is back in bed after practice.  Peter is still asleep (since we put a fan in his room this summer, he sleeps in!), laundry done, house picked up, George walked and fed and Charlie napping too.  I will have 2+ hours of quiet in my office.  I LOVE right now.  Especially knowing that All City Swim on Thursday & Saturday marks the "end" of summer...a flurry of cousin/Papa/GJ fun next week, then Peter leaves with them to head to FL for 10 days...home just in time for his official last day of summer vacation on the 16th. 

Once again, this summer FLEW by...in a blink!  Next week and the week after will still be summer vacation...it will include Captain's practices for Emma then hs practices beginning on the 9th, but we'll get in some dinners with friends, more cousin time and hopefully some time just enjoying the pool.  We also need to get senior pictures done, school shopping, deck washing and a new resume for me!   I'm thinking of a new garden in the front as well...someplace to put perennials that must be divided this year.  This summer has been HOT, but it definitely has been S U M M E R T I M E...long live summer!

I am counting my blessings and there are too many to count!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment