Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here she goes...

I keep saying her first last day, but today was her "last first day of school"...while living with us anyway.  We had breakfast at the Coppertop (local diner) like we always do for the first and last days of school, b-days, Mother's Day, Father's Day...

Took the first day of school pictures...almost broke me then, but I knew I had to be stronger...for Peter.  I think the thing I am most proud of in my life is how much Emma and Peter love eachother.  They never miss a chance to say it to eachother and consider eachother their best friend.  Peter just kept looking at her at breakfast.  Chris is very practical, but I'm certain he will be the one who will be teary all the way home from wherever we deposit her one year from now (I'll be low on fluids).

Not only is Emma a senior, but my Peter is a sophomore today...so tall, so handsome, so polite and ours for another three years.  Thank God.

This year will be a great adventure...so much to look forward to, but not only do we love her endlessly, we like her so much.  She loves to say to us "I like your presence."  We feel the same way. 

love, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment