Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

fall blooms



My fall list is very similar to yours. Very similar! Football games, sweats and apple cider! Yum! We light candles all summer in the house at night, but it seems to really help in the winter most of all. I really wish I had a fireplace...that would be ideal!

I grabbed this bunch of blooms at the Farmers Market last weekend. $3, you can't beat it! It reminds me of fall. I have not bought mums or pumpkins yet, but that usually puts me in the mood! Maybe in a couple of weeks!

In the fall, I usually start cooking more. I know that sounds lame, but it is true. I don't use the oven or crock pot that much in the summer. Fall arrives, and the cool house is begging for the warmth of the oven.  I love to bake up some new recipes, or find some of the old ones. I also crave that first pot of chili out of the crock pot with corn bread...yum!

I usually make a list of fall projects. Last minute...must do's! Plastic on some of the windows will be on there, especially in Lily's room and upstairs. Old windows that do not keep the winds of winter out. I always thought that was "tacky" to put plastic on your windows. Kind of in the same category of plastic on your couches. But...if you do it so it is not visible....it is so worth it.

I actually am used to pants again, not socks though. It took me a few days to get the right feeling for the pants. Shorts have been my attire for months. I will wear flip flops until the Uggs come out.

So ...I say bring on fall. Winter, you can wait.
love, K:)

No comments:

Post a Comment