Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

What I remember...

 
                          
 
 
I remember watching the Today show, Lily was up playing, Evan was at school and Steve was in the shower getting ready for work. 
The first video they showed was right after the first tower was hit. I was watching and listening as no one knew at that point what had happened. I yelled to Steve trying to explain it. While watching, the 2nd tower was hit.
It was terrifying, surreal.
 
We watched it until the towers fell. I remember crying and feeling very worried. All I could think was that I wanted to make sure my family was safe. Nativity did not want to worry the kids, so they kept them at school all day. I knew Evan would be ok.

I watched coverage on it all day, but tried not to let Evan worry to much and kept it off when he was around.    

It changed everything that day. It changed me. I still can't talk about it or see stories on it without crying. 

We cheered at our house when Bin Laden was killed. May he rot in hell for what he did to our great nation....our people.  
love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment