Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

my day off

As you know Mondays are my day off. That is the benefit of my long 10 hour days. Totally worth it! Some Mondays I am very organized and know exactly what I am going to tackle. Other Mondays, I may go out for coffee with someone, clean, catch up on laundry or just try to finish my last 100 pages of my book club book.

Evan has not had a job for a few months, and is willing to help out for an allowance. Funny....he never wanted to do that when he was working. On Saturday he did a fall chore I don't like to do anymore. Clean the front porch. He vacuumed, scrubbed the window sills and floor. He took everything out.....which left me a clean, blank palette. Watch out!

My porch floor has been many colors. The walls of the porch have, for the most part, been khaki. I try to paint the floor every year or every other year. It had been a medium green color. I don't really love green, never have. Grandma Bea said she never liked green either, must be taking after my Leo cohort. Although, I have a great green in my hall right now. Anyways, the porch needed a new color. So off I went to get my gallon of paint, while chore boy made my porch shine.

I have always loved black. It's striking and hip. The porch floor is now black. And, I must say its the best color that has been on the floor in 13 years. So today, my Monday off, I am working on "staging" it. Eliminating old pieces, refurbishing some things and giving it a new look for winter basically for free.

I had an old trunk of, Mom told me today, Great Grandpa Peter's, in the basement. I painted that black. Found an old 1/2 filled quart of red paint, and used that to give the front door and old rocker a new look. Since we are still in the Halloween season, I painted a fake pumpkin black to go with the theme. Right now there are only a few things out there. But I like it. We don't sit out there in the winter....so less is more.

One more idea, I got from our Mother today....she mentioned finding a picture of our "pumpkins", Evan and Emma, on their first Halloween. That made think...wouldn't it be cute to display an old picture of the kids in their Halloween costumes, as decoration for Halloween. I dug up a couple and now have them displayed on the trunk.

...this Monday has been a successful one...what can I paint next?!
love, k:)


wait for it....will be posting my before and after pic

No comments:

Post a Comment