Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

wish i was...

 I am posting a pic of the apples and one of the pies that I've made this fall...seems like apple pies appear in my house when I'm a little stressed...you and I inheirited the gene that causes us to cook, bake and eat when stressed!  Wish I was someone that didn't do those things when stressed...not good!  Cooking and baking definitely translates into showing love for me...Grandma Veronica's pies were a always a gesture of her love, and Grandpa Claude's chicken,  so was coming home from college to Dad's mac and cheese or anything Mom cooked and baked and was ready when we walked into the house!  Grandma Bea's smorgasbords - always with a Norwegian nod - were her gestures of love too...remember how we would get to her house, so hungry, and she hadn't started cooking??!  Looking back, she probably just wanted us to be with her longer...

But, all is headed in the right direction...right??  There are so many wonderful people and "things" in my/your life...that is why lifestuff can fill up the worry list...but as of this week,  the list is decreasing in size...at least it appears to be!  Gorgeous week ahead...sunny and 70's every day!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment