Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eye on the "prize"



I have read Simple Abundance every single day since my Mom gave it to me when Peter was a baby.  Daily entries that didn't apply to me years ago, often do now and vice versa.  It's all about gratitude.  "All you have is all you need."  It reminds me every day to be grateful and I am.  As suggested in the book, I used to keep a gratitude journal, writing down five things every day that I am grateful for...I do it now without having to write them down.  Before I go to sleep, I think of all the good stuff, while asking for my daily dose of grace.

The author has a piece of artwork with the passage below.  She found it while writing Simple Abundance and says, "that's it, that is Simple Abundance."  The author of the quote is unknown.  I think it's beautiful. 

If, as Herod, we fill our lives with things, and again with things; if consider ourselves so unimportant that we must fill every moment of our lives with action, when will we have time to make the long, slow journey across the desert as did the Magi?  Or sit and watch the stars as did the shepherds?  Or brood over the coming of the Child as did Mary?  For each one of us, there is a desert to travel, a star to discover and a being within ourselves to bring to life.

This is a beautiful thought to keep in mind during December.  Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment