Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Yes it is!

Love your decor, Sissy.  Those Southern Living hurricanes are awesome!  I've got two and I use them all the time.  I love this time of year...so pretty!

So, I finished the Christmas decorating this weekend!  After Peter's swim meet on Saturday, I took a power nap, got up after an hour, made coffee and got to work!  Emma was babysitting, Chris was sending out college apps for her so Peter and I watched two Santa Clause movies and finished the tree!  We made a change this year.  After YEARS of  Emma asking for the "big, fat lights like Papa and Grammy used to have on their trees," I got them...for the tree and the mantle.  They look great and they warm up the living room...literally.  Now that I think about it, I don't think the kids ever saw the fat lights on the church trees on Norseman Drive...didn't Mom and Dad always do white?  It must be one of those "memories" that they get from looking at photos of OUR childhood trees.  Anyway, LOVE the fat lights.

On Sunday, I finished up all of the "little touches" throughout the house..using lots of ribbon and oranaments.  I just need a few little wreaths for some of the mirrors then I will be DONE!  I will take some photos and post them later this week.  I love the way the house looks this year...

We also got to the exterior illumination as well...I knew it was going to be a balmy 40 degrees yesterday so Chris and I got out there.  Haven't done a lighted garland around the door in a few years so I did that, as well as lights in the evergreen pots and some strands on the lilac bushes...all while Chris was working on the huge arborvitae by the front door....took him 45 min to do one...then I hear, "oh shit, I put the plug at the top."  We quickly decided the lights weren't needed this year!

Now I must turn my attention to baking so I can include some treats in your Christmas box and Mom and Dad's box!  Christmas shopping too...my priority this week!  The Christmas card WILL BE DONE TONIGHT...it's on my list every day and keeps getting moved to the next day's list.  Somehow it all gets done though.

Enjoy Christmastime!!!  I read one the kids' Christmas books every night...they don't want to read them anymore, but I do.  Wish Lily was hear - she would sit with me!

xoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment