Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

yes to spring!

We've been fooled before, but I believe it's here...gonna be 60's-70's all week!  I am sure we'll get another cold snap at some point, but it won't last!

Yesterday, we pulled the deck chairs out of the porch and Emma sunned herself while I worked in the garden...raked off the layer of leaves...tons of green little bits of life poking their heads up!!!  Now with today's rain and then sun the rest of the week, SPRING HAS SPRUNG!  Birds and bees and other bugs are everywhere...another good sign of winter's end.  Although I will take this winter any year!

It's George's b-day today.  He's 10 (70).  We're celebrating with a hamburger cake for him...we put up a sign and will have party hats too.  I worry that he might not have another b-day.  He has really slowed down...I don't need to say it again (everyone seems to know how crazy I am about this sweet dog), but I LOVE GEORGE! 

George is my pal, my buddy and companion when the rest of the family is in different directions.  We saw him the week after he was born...teeny tiny.  When we brought him home, he was smaller than his head is now! 

Happy happy springtime and Happy Birthday Puppy!  xoxo, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment