Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

it's Friday....

AGAIN!  The weeks always seem to fly by!!!  I had lunch with my dear friend Kris this week...at one of our new favorite lunch spots...Coopers Tavern on the square.  SO yummy.  Kris and I always have so much fun together...love shopping in the unique shops on State Street (mainly for things to send to our college girls!) and catching up on our lives!  On this excursion, Emma got two headbands and a pin.  AND, Evan will be getting a postcard from his Auntie.  I don't know how many years I have sent Evan postcards, but I'm always on the hunt for a good/goofy/gross one for him!

September 11 came and went.  I noticed a lot of people saying on t.v. how they dread this day.  I think that is good.  We should dread it.  It's NOT an anniversary (which implies some notion of good and there is NOTHING good associated with 9/11 except the people that saved lives on that day).  I think it's a very sad day.  Peter and I saw the footage of the 2nd plane hitting and the same sadness and tears come every time.  It never gets easier to watch and I'm grateful it doesn't.

I am very worried about what is going on in the Middle East.  The hatred toward America is frightening. 

Enjoy your weekend!  It's going to be gorgeous so I am sure I will be in the garden!  I need to divide!

xoxo, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment