Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

the kitchen sink...

...not sure if you recall this or not, but I became a clean sink crazy person after you visited me at my apartment (that I shared with Karla Abellera - love her!) in Madison while in college.  YOU scrubbed our sink with Comet and I was shocked at how clean it looked!  Ever since then, I am a little freaky about my sink and countertops (Dad joins us in this obsession)...Comet, Windex (my favorite) and paper towels...I panic if I'm running low on any of those items!  I literally sprinkle (okay, douse) the sink with Comet every day, often multiple times (sounding a bit compulsive now) and wipe down the faucet, stovetop and countertops with Windex. 

I think the cleaning list is a great idea....I would love to have everything "picked up" before I go to bed, BUT I am usually the first one to go to bed and it's just frustrating to get up and see what has been "undone" as I slumber.  As I am always the first one up, I do the "pick up" in the a.m. before everyone gets up.  Yes, they should be picking up, but they don't think squashed pillows and scattered items need to be "picked up."

The laundry tip of one load a day is a GREAT idea...especially the putting away part.  With Emma at school, it has been very easy to keep up with laundry like that.  Another thing I've done, since I get so annoyed with washing bath towels that have been used only once, is assigning colored towels to each person....I have pale yellow, Chris has beige and Peter has a light blue....simple and so much better than when we all had pale yellow!!!!

Since I refuse to put the heat on until at least late October, I did put on the flannel sheets yesterday...it was 62 in our house!  Peter loves his flannels...so do Chris and I.  I especially love the color of ours...turquoise!  Emma heard that once the heat goes on in her dorm, it's 80 until April....I guess my gift of xxl Company Store flannels will not be needed...she said most girls say you end up sleeping with your windows cracked because it gets so hot!

I do like things clean, but I have some dark secrets...

As you know, for a LONG time, our bedroom was my dark secret...we won't go there.

Right now, my basement, garage, hall closets and desk drawers are my dirty secrets.  I think that is just fine!  xoxox to you Sissy!  H.

No comments:

Post a Comment