Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

lighting the way...


 
Last night I attended Lighting the Way at our church.  It's a night for women to come together and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas.  My friend Dawn started this about 8 years ago at St. Maria Goretti and I've been invited 3 times and have been unable to attend until this year.  The way it works is that women "sponsor" tables of ten.  Nancy Carney invited me to her table.  She brings her china, decorations, candles and food to share with her invited guests.  It was so impressive to see what every table looked like (wish I had taken pictures!)...ladies went all out!  Very dimmed lights and candles.
 
 I volunteered to greet guests and it was so much fun.  Women from 16-90 were there...all smiling, all happy to be there.  We entered through the front doors of the church...everything was lit with white lights and everyone waited until the doors were open to our beautiful community room.  We talked, sang Christmas songs and listened to a few, selected speakers.  It was beautiful.  xoxo, H

1 comment: