Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

a little...

Yes, I agree - a bit sad that we will never see this again, BUT we did see it!  Our kids might and our grandkids hopefully will live long, healthy lives.  Reflective, yes!  I think we covered that yesterday on our actual dishing phone call (if we could just post our daily phone calls!!)...

Midlife is a weird concept, but I do believe we're smack in the middle of that (if not a bit past!) and it does raise a lot of questions on how to live the rest of our lives.  With Peter leaving in 1 1/2 years (don't get me started on that!!!), it will definitely be a new chapter.  However, as we see with Emma, they are still kids, still need our help and money, still come home and still need guidance.  I have visions of Chris and me traveling like crazy.  I think we will be but it will be to Butler and to more of Emma's meets and to wherever Peter is...I am looking forward to that.  I think many more Notre Dame football games are in my future as well...

I have a feeling Chris and I will focus on the house...re-doing some things, bringing everything up to snuff, gardening.  We will also focus on our health and fitness...no excuses. 

As with everything in life, it's all a bit bittersweet.  That comes with change.  Our recent emails with Kara have reminded me what a great childhood we had...not without bumps, but fun and special.  I don't like being without grandparents.  I think they are a great safety net.  Throughout the last years of their lives, I remember calling them out of the blue, and no matter what I was stressed about or sad about. I always felt better after speaking with them.  I miss being able to do that. 

Onto Christmas!!!!  We're getting so excited for your visit!!! 

I am driving to Indianapolis tomorrow....taking Emma, Kate, Adri, and whoever else has one of the last finals on Saturday, out to dinner tomorrow night then enjoying a nice, new hotel in Keystone, shopping for a few things at the Butler bookstore and then bringing her HOME!  Peter is so excited to have her home, going to his practices and hanging out with his Sissy.

All really good things in life right now.  And that's all we can ask for!  xoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment