Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

thank gawd.....

the treadmill fixer guy is right this very instant upstairs fixing our treadmill.  Suffice it to say, this has been a beyond frustrating task to come to fruition...and now, hopefully (!) a working treadmill.  Tsk tsk, I shouldn't say it because he has not walked down saying "all fixed."  He did just ask me if I had the user's manual (wtf...I normally wouldn't write that here, but that is the only phrase that works).  NOT a good sign.  Supposedly it's a "simple fix...just the motor belt."  I won't go into the details again, but it took a call to the Utah CEO's office of this stupid company to get us to this day....and to get $235 taken off the credit card (for a lousy $15 part...$17 for s/h and "we'll get it to you in 7-10 days").  I could drive to Utah and back to pick up the part in less time than that!!

I've eaten so much over the past week that I look 6 months pregnant....carb overload.  I blame the Pioneer Woman...her decadent rum cake and her YUMMY vintage, bacon appetizers...so good!  I also blame Trader Joe's...endless goodies this time of year...cranberry/walnut bread, cheese fondue, dips and endless yummy sweets.  I'll try to blame you too...the bacon dip you left here....it literally calls to me as I pass the refrigerator, "Heidi, please grab those triscuits and meet me back here in 30 seconds...I am so good!"

SO, this damn treadmill better be working by sundown.  I am feeling doughy.  George's short, old man walks have done nothing for me but filled my lungs with fresh air, kissed my cheeks with sun (since he must smell everything, I turn my face to the sun until he is ready to move on) and have contributed to a good sense of peace. 

I need my treadmill.  My whole body needs it.  An hour/day.

xoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment