Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

observations from the office...

It's been a month since I started my new job and this is what I know...

  • the temperature in the building is fine until noon then it thrusts us all into menopause symptoms...even the men!  The last two hours of each of my three days in the office are torturous.  I feel like I'm in a heat coma and accomplish little during that time.  Not a single window opens in the building and we desperately need fresh air!
  • therefore, I'm starting to bring ice packs to work...not to keep food cold, but to hide under my thighs!
  • people who eat lunch in the break room are significantly unhappier than those who get out of the building for an hour.
  • water cooler chit chat is real...so is cubicle chit chat.
  • office furniture is U G L Y and it doesn't need to be (it also should not be mauve and seafoam).
  • it is possible to get a short work out in during the day in the private bathroom...squats, leg lifts, push ups against the wall).
  • people are really nice and everyone has a story!
xoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment