Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

this and that....

Lately, I've been annoyed with people who send long emails when a phone call would do much better!  This happens at work (good Lord, just walk into my office!) and it's happened with some committees I'm involved with.  Just pick up the phone....especially if you want an opinion!  Texts and emails do not equate to good communication.  Phone calls and hand written notes do.  And, better yet, in person!

Emma will be home for the summer in 3 weeks.  She is sad about leaving her life at Butler.  A lot of girls are staying for the summer.  She is hoping to visit a lot...hmmm, I am thinking once or twice.  I expect this summer will be interesting.  She's used to no curfew.  She is not going to be hanging out with the group that was at our house all summer last year.  I think it's an opportunity for new friends and new fun, but I think she will be counting the days to August 17!  We can't wait to have her home, but I am worried she doesn't/won't feel the same. 

Peter has a lot on his plate...drivers test, prom, ACT.  He is, predictably, out of sorts this week.

Had lunch with my dear friend Audrey today.  I adore her.  She is Sam's mom.  Sam is a senior and was on swim team with Emma.  A few years ago, I made it my resolution to find a new friend and I picked her.  We went to lunch and we've been doing it every few months or so every since!  Audrey is from New York and I love her accent and her wonderful practical way.  She is so kind and one of the best moms I know.  She is generous with her friendship, with conversation and hugs. 

We are getting a kitten for Charlie the Cat this summer...hoping he will boss it around instead of us.

Raining like CRAZY today, but the grass is greening up!  The four letter word SNOW is in the forecast for Thursday...it will be short lived.

xoxoxo, H.



No comments:

Post a Comment