Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

it's official, he's a freshman!

Good bye to my Evan. It has been only a week since we moved him in, but it seems longer. I can honestly I say it was too hot to shed tears, we were looking forward to getting back to the car to blast the A/C. 100 degrees...so hot!!! Everything went so smoothly though. He was excited and so were his roommates. I am very excited for him to experience new things!

He finally started classes today, or that's what he thought. He had one class today, a lab for Science. He called and said, I was 10 minutes early ready to go, got to the door and it said the Lab does not start until next Tuesday. Rats! First, it was nice to get a call from him wanting me to know his funny story, and second that he was all set to go. 

I am not worried about him. I know he will figure things out. But, I can't help every morning thinking about him and what he should be doing. Hoping he remembers this, hoping he doesn't forget to eat, hoping he will get sleep. I know with time that will go away, it's too fresh still. Right now I just missing seeing his face and giving him a hug.

It is "emptier" in the house. There is a something missing feeling. Lily said she is lonely. He was such an easy kid. So, memories are mostly sweet with Evan. Like we always say...we like our kids, we hate to see them go. (tears) I know he is close, which makes it much easier than you have it with Emma. I try not to bug him too much. Most days I try to call or text, just to say hi. His schedule is going to get really busy in the next couple of weeks. He has school, his new job, ROTC and he is going to playing rec soccer. 

I hope he and Emma have a great year. It will go by so fast...then who knows what will happen!! Wishing Peter a rock star Senior year!!!

love, k:)

**and yes, life is short, days, weeks and years are coming faster and faster the older we get--so make it count...everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment