Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

this and that....


Last night I did a crazy Trader Joe's power shop and brought chicken pot pie home (from the refrig. section)...not sure it was exactly this one...just look for a rectangle box/tray.  It was so good.  I bought two of them and we didn't even eat an entire one between Chris and me.  Flakey, yummy phyllo top crust and yummy insides!  The carrots actually tasted fresh and so did the peas (they were bright orange and green)!  I also bought pumpkin everything...crackers, soup (it's new and I'm anxious to try it and see if it's as good as mine;), pita chips, bread and scones.  Oh my!  I also bought pumpkins there for fall decor...will snap some pics later!

October is overwhelming me.  It's tied with my other favorite month, November, but this October, I feel like I am spinning my wheels.  So much going on with my job because we're hosting a health care forum with two congressmen in November (fundraisers too) and there is so much to be done, which is fine, BUT my office is SWELTERING. The hallway of offices where I reside, face full sun all day and by noon my office is pushing 80.  Well, you know how well I cope in heat....I am brain dead by 3!!!  And, everyone just seems to accept it because "the building is old."  Then why was my office comfortable all summer when it was 90 outside?  It's really becoming an issue for me...I dread going to work. My boss, and all but one other person, are in and out of their offices all day so they don't seem to notice, but when I am IN, I'm in my office all day.  Anyway, it seems like a little thing, but it's not.  I hate to be a complainer, but...I AM RIGHT NOW!

I miss long walks and putzing in my garden.  I do love my job, but I miss my freedom.  I am lucky to work two days from home, but I'm working!  Therefore, my house seems to be in a chronic state of messiness and my office and closet look like disaster zones...all very un-settling.

Happy is not what I'm feeling lately and that bums me out, which is not a good response!  The mess our country is in is horrible and both sides are to blame.  Our President is not a leader and it's destroying America.  We need term limits for all!!!

However, there are good things:

going to see Emma swim in a meet in southern IL on Saturday with Chris - a date day!
Chris never complains about anything...even when he is desperate for clean shirts, etc.
Oliver has settled down a bit
George is healthy and happy.
Peter is excited to be working on college apps
came home to see that Peter had blown the driveway of leaves and had walked George :)
Peter makes us smile all the time - he is such a good young man and we will miss him so much next year...can hardly think about it
Emma is truly a sophomore...focusing on swimming and school...a lot less "candy store" this year!
counting the days until our week in Florida!
tomorrow IS Friday
we're having a gorgeous autumn...I just want to enjoy it.

xo, H

No comments:

Post a Comment