Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chores, what chores?

This is my downfall as a mother...my kids don't have a set list of chores.  Emma is never home long enough so that is a moot point.  She leaves at 5 am and gets home at 6 - eats and does homework until 11...no time for scrubbing the bathroom!  Peter could have chores, but I just treat him like a helper....when I see something I want done, I tell/ask him to do it.  Most things he and Emma do around the house are just "expected" as part of being a family and living here.  Some "projects" I will pay them for....raking, picking up a winter's worth of dog doo doo in the backyard, etc., but making their beds and putting their clothes away, clearing the table, etc., they do not get paid for.  Emma makes money with the occasional babysitting job and Peter umps a Little League games...making $15/hour....

Every summer I swear they are going to do a huge list of chores and it never really happens like that, but they do help.  In your case, I do think paying Evan to watch Lily is good...then it's more of a job than a "burden."

The Big O is coming to grace us in Madison today with his hope and change crap.   He'll be on campus...a fairly "safe" location.  So, who do we think will replace him in two years (and yes, I believe the vote to replace him will be loud and clear)?

No comments:

Post a Comment