Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh O

I know, we, as Mother's always have good intentions. I have made a chore chart and stuck in on the fridge at least 100 times.  Then after about a week it ends up getting destroyed or just tossed away.  Now that Evan is older, I just expect him to do things for the family.  No money involved.  I, like you, use him when I need help.  Garbage, laundry, dishes etc.  He does not get paid for it.  Now that he works he has money to do things with his friends.  That is a good thing!  Less money coming out of the parents pocket.  He also babysits Lily once in a great while, for free!

With Lily, I do the same.  I expect her to help, but the chores are pretty small.  She loves to "help", so that makes it easier. She is what I call a "seeker".  She seeks out the cleanest room in the house to play in.  Then hauls a whole bunch of stuff to it, and enjoys messing it up.  But, she does pick up after herself, with some nudging, in order to go to the next thing. 

I am not going to beat myself up over it.  Martha would be appalled I am sure.  But as long as you have helpers, it works.

Oh I am sure you have front row seats for the big "O".   I too believe 4 years will be enough, for most of us.  I was really hoping Pawlenty would start to shine as a front runner, but not sure that is the plan.   We will miss him as Governor, but maybe there are bigger and better things for him!  Cross your fingers!  Good man, with good values.  Hard to find these days.

I am a bit concerned about the Governor's race in MN.  Republicans need to shine, and keep the Governors seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment