Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

potato chips and cottage cheese...

Confession...just got back from the grocery store and before the dog was let out, before the groceries were all brought into the house, before I even set my purse down, I stood at the counter, ripped open the bag and carton and crammed several potato chips down my throat with heaping dips of cottage cheese...so good!

Don't know who exactly started this twisted snack in our family....Papa Pete is the culprit that hooked his then-svelte daughters...years ago!  Not sure if it was a Grandma Bea or Grandpa Milo concoction.....all I know is that if I were stranded somewhere/anywhere, potato chips and cottage cheese would be high on my list when I returned home. 

A few "musts"....it must be 4% small curd cottage cheese and it must be ridged or ruffled chips...in case of an emergency, plain chips or 2% cottage cheese can be substituted,(in desperate times I've even resorted to Triscuits, SunChips or Doritos) but the BEST combo is Ruffles and the 4% small curd....heavenly, salty, creamy goodness!!! 

Haven't converted my husband (he is miffed if I buy chips, cottage cheese and no french onion), but Emma and Peter love this too!  Pure comfort.

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment