Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

George W

We all went to the History Museum over the weekend and saw the new George Washington exhibit. I love the History Museum, actually I love any museum. Our history museum is so beautiful in itself. You feel like you are walking into a mansion, its breathtaking, to me.


The exhibit was really great. They had life-size, life-like "wax" figures of George. Very, very interesting. Did you know he never had his own kids. She had kids, and they raised them and their grandkids. They also had a model of Mount Vernon. I told the kids how great of a place this is, and how someday I want to take them there. Steve would love to go there too. I really hope I can show them that someday.


I think the best thing you can give your kids is culture and the arts. Expose them to everything. I am happy to say one of the kids favorite things to do is to go to museums. I hope it gives them a little sense of class and good taste, and to know what beautiful things really are.
This was one of the paintings on display
                                           
love, K:)

No comments:

Post a Comment