Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

the idiot doesn't fall far from the idiot tree

Tonight...

Chris & Emma home from the swim meet.  We're all exhausted from the busy week.  Chris runs out to pick up Friday night fish fry from the Seafood Center.  I tell Emma just because she's queen swimmer this weekend (and made two Speedo cuts!) doesn't keep her from helping out....after my 12th prompt, she gets on her boots to take George in the back yard...Peter quickly follows...to just be near his Sissy.

As I am setting the table, I hear/see Emma run in with George and then she tries to hold the door shut (just to bug her brother)...Peter pushes on the window and CRASH, the backdoor window smashes to the mudroom floor.  As we're quickly assessing the need to get to the ER, while picking up shards of glass, we are grateful that each only sufffered scratches.  Being Momma, I tell them they've learned a valuable and fairly painless lesson.  I then call Chris so he has time to "process" the incident on his way home.

Chris gets home, irritated, but we all sit down to dinner.  I remind him that he broke windows as a kid, to which Peter replies "I guess the idiot doesn't fall far from the idiot tree."

Tomorrow Chris says he's going to teach Peter how to replace the window...this should be good.  Stay tuned...Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment