Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

missing Pinterest, cooking, Divinity (!), book group and needing to catch my breath...

Krista, that apple crisp recipe looks awesome.  Jeremy and Elizabeth are visiting in November and I will make this for them! 

I have a doosey of a cold/cough and I'm not surprised.  I've been trying to "do it all" and, as we  know, we just can't.  At some point, the body takes over and slows us down whether we like it or not.  My life has been full of good stuff at work, traveling to Emma's meets, looking at schools with Peter and barely keeping up with laundry.  We've had a great month, full of fun, but I'm looking forward to slowing down a bit over the next three weekends.  The countdown to Florida has begun.  My plan will be to NOT check work email once.  I can't wait!

I miss Pinterest....haven't had time to just wander around it lately.  Time to get back to some good cooking, putzing and putting the garden to bed.  Although I did make my first batch of cranberry biscotti last week to take to Emma and the swim captains. 

It's my turn to host book group tonight and I decided to send out an email saying we're meeting at Bluephies...I'm buying dessert!  I just can't swing it all today.  By the way, we read Visiting Tom by Michael Perry...his website:  www.sneezingcow.com  He's a wonderful WI author, about our age and he lives up by Osseo, I believe in Augusta.  Such a good book.  I will send it to you.

I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG http://grandmabeasrecipes.blogspot.com/ - what a gift!  I can't wait to read it every day.  We need to do this for Grandma Veronica too...who has her recipe boxes?  I don't need anything for Christmas from you - this is the best gift!!

So, in a nutshell, it's been wonderful to be at Emma's meets, work is going well, Peter got his first acceptance letter (!) and now I've got a cold.  My next posts will be on Peter's adventure and the family piano :(....
importantThis is my pin for today...for our boys and our husbands and for the men our girls will find.  There's nothing like a gentleman.  xoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment