Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Let the goodtimes roll...


TEN DAYS until I turn 50.

 
50 is old no matter how you slice it.  20’s are young and fun.  30’s are cool.  40’s not so bad and still “not old.”  Then you hit 50 and you’re considered middle age for sure.  No denying it.  AARP sends you a card and you move into all kinds of new categories.  Time for a colonoscopy!  Halfway to 100, not that you’re going to see 100.  Most likely much more than half of your life is complete.  Easily can be a grandparent. 
 

Okay, so that is the downer side of it.  The up side is that I am lucky enough to get to my 50th.  So many people don’t get there.  As Grandma Bea ALWAYS SAID, “I’ll take every year God gives me!”  And she CELEBRATED every one with gusto.  Life is definitely very precious, precarious and perfectly imperfect. 

 
I’m not writing a bucket list, but there are some things I want to do.  I want to ski again and again.  I want to help people and I want to have more fun than I’ve ever had!  In order to do that, there are some things I should do.  Lose that crappy 25 lbs.  Make sure I am as healthy as humanly possible.  Enjoy taking care of me so I can make the next 30+ years the best!
 

Xo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment