Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Resurfacing...

Gone gone gone, been gone too long...

Life has swept me up over the past couple of years...in some ways for the good and in some ways, not so good.  I long for TIME to read, write and wander.  When I get that time, I often don't know what to do with it.  I feel guilty for doing "nothing."  It's crazy.  I've missed blogging.  When I think of "what's missing," it's writing/blabbing/pontificating/bitching/celebrating.  It's an outlet I need.

Social media has me hooked and I've been thinking about it a lot lately.  Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest - I do it all!  And often.  I find myself falling asleep clutching my phone for dear life.  If I wake in the middle of the night, I'm "checking in."  It's the first thing I do when I wake up as well.  UGH.  That needs to change.  I'm addicted.  It's such an odd addition to life...putting so much "commentary" out there for all of our "friends" to see and comment on.  There's a lot of good - reconnecting with old friends and staying in touch with family, but there's such an element of "way too much information."  Most of the time, I long for an "I don't give a shit" button.  LOL.  I'm sure most people feel that way about my posts!!!  The difference with our blog is that less than 10 people know about it.  We have only two followers!  It's blissful to just blab knowing it's not really being read except by you and me!!!

I used to have a rule that I did not check email before 8 am and shut it down by 5 pm.  I need to get back to that for everything.  I think I would have more time.

So much to blog about...adventures, life, the kids, turning 50 (yes, me and I'm very much at odds with it)...join me again, Sissy!  You have much to blog about as well....Lily in hs, new family member and lots of loss!!  :)

xoxoxo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment