Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Sweet Charlie...

Been missing this blogging thing.  Really and truly missing it.  I feel like I have no outlet for my words and thoughts.  Please blog with me again Sissy.  We  n e e d  it.

Sweet Charlie has not been himself for a few days.  Took him to the vet this a.m. and he has a spinal injury ;(.  Two weeks of complete "bed rest" for him.  Huh??  I actually took a PTO day to figure this out.  It's amazing that, just like when my kids are sick and I'm focused only on getting them better, my focus has been completely on Charlie for three days.  He's so sweet and he's in so much pain - probably from a rough-housing match with Oliver.  Makes me sad.  The vet said if he doesn't get better, "there's always surgery" to which Chris responded with a rigorous shaking his head in a big NO (I was so happy and grateful that he left work to meet me at the vet though - I love a guy that loves animals).  This might not end well, but I'm going to do whatever I can for this sweet creature.  He's the one who would lay down next to George during his last few months and touch his paw.  He is all about love.

On another note, been making a lot of soup this fall. It all began when I found a wonderful turquoise blue Le Creuset stock pot at an antique shop for $40 and I LOVE it.  I seem to be nesting.  Trying to figure out my next steps.  50 seems to be a year of beginnings and endings.  I definitely need a new beginning.

xo, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment