Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

26 days

With our church right across the street from our house, it's tough to come up with an excuse to not attend mass on Sundays.  That, and the fact that we have an incredible priest leading our church....I always leave feeling so good and uplifted.  Anyway, yesterday he talked about Advent and that it really translates to "new beginning."  He suggested that we take these next four weeks to "start something"...something we've wanted to do and something that we'd feel good about on Christmas Day.

So, mine is eating very healthy and excercising every day...hoping to lose a few pounds before you and your family arrive on Christmas Eve!!!!  Want to join me?  For me, it's cutting the carbs...I think that works best for you too.

So today I've had two eggs, coffee and a hunk of leftover brie.  I rid my refrigerator of stuffing, cranberry sauce (full of sugar!), etc.....it's gonna be clean (of sugar) living for me for the next 26 days.   I'm going to walk George now and then make some butternut squash soup (super easy:  saute onions, garlic in a soup pan, add 2 cans of butternut squash puree from TJ's (or pumpkin) and chicken broth....heat and top with parmesean cheese - yum o!).

Are you with me, Krissygirl???!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment