Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

slow and steady

I've lost 6 lbs in two weeks.  I thought it was hilarious when my horoscope in the paper this a.m. told me to exercise today!  I know you've lost more than double of that, but I am not an expert dieter...I should be, but I am not cut out for the absolute no carb ever diet.  I do think the Horoscope gods are speaking to me though....treadmill is a callin!

It's amazing, however, how much better I feel when I just focus on cutting out the sugar.  I'm also surprised at how satisfied I am with substitutes...like Udi's gluten free breads....it's just what I need with my eggs and a little cheese in the morining.  Today I had one toasted slice with laughing cow cheese spread on the top, then topped the cheese with a sliced, hard boiled egg.  YUM. 

What I really need to work on though, is the feeling of "oh screw it, I deserve this piece of cake."  What I deserve is to be healthy and comfortable in my body.  I'm still adhering to my "kindness" mantra.  We'll see where that gets me...

We were the skinny Knutson girls....and every since we became Moms, our weight has crept up....not blaming the kids, or our genes (!), but let's get a grip!  We've only got one life, Sister! 

The hardest part for me is making ME a priority.  I feel guilty, for some reason, when I am the priority...like I should be doing more work or something around the house or for the kids.  It's crazy, I know, but that is what I need to figure out. 

I know you're vacationing....lots of great seafood and produce where you are....eat it all!  You'll feel even better after this vacation if you keep losing while you're there!!!!  Great job, Sissy!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment